RULES & REGULATIONS
GREATER GOVERNOR MIFFLIN LEAGUE 2021
1. All Self Run stands at Community Days must be operated by a non-profit organization within the Governor Mifflin School District.
2. It is the responsibility of the Self Run Stands to communicate the Operational Rules & Regulations within their organization.
3. Self-run stands are set-up and run by members of the non-profit organization. These stands are required to pay 30% of their profit to the Greater Governor Mifflin League.
4. All Self Run Stands must provide proof of their organizations non-profit or not-for-profit status.
5. Commercial stands are set-up and run by a commercial vendor. All commercial stands will be sponsored by the Greater Governor Mifflin League. Commercial stands will pay the Greater Governor Mifflin League 25% of their gross proceeds.
6. All stands will receive a remittance form from the Greater Governor Mifflin League. This form must be completed and forwarded with your remittance to the Treasurer no later than July 31st .
7. All money received by the Greater Governor Mifflin League is used to offset the operating expenses, provide scholarships for continuing education and for contributions to various community organizations within the Governor Mifflin School District.
8. All stands must provide a certificate of insurance naming the Greater Governor Mifflin League as additionally insured, no later than the June Stand Holders meeting.
9. All food stands will be subject to inspection as defined by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. Information on inspections can be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture by calling locally 610 489-1003 or Harrisburg at 717787-4315
10. Stands are not permitted to sell raffle tickets, use loud speakers to attract customers or display offensive materials. All items sold must be sold from within the stand.
11. Mandatory representation by an organization officer or committee person at the March and June Stand Holders' Meetings is required of all organizations.
12. Stands may be limited to two (2) of the same kind.
13. In limiting the quantity or number of stands, the organizations from previous years will have preference.
14. A current year application must be completed including type of stand, stand dimensions (with trailer hitches and sides that swing out taken into consideration), power requirements, items to be sold, and menu items. "Same as last year is not acceptable". Applications can be returned to the address on the application or at the March Stand Holders Meeting. If no commitment is made by the application deadline your space will be made available for another organization.
15. A separate application must be used for each stand.
16. The Stands and Grounds Committee will review stand applications. Applicants will be notified by May 1st if approved or rejected.
17. The location of each stand on the midway is not guaranteed. Stand locations are subject to change without notice.
18. Stands may not set-up until after 12:00 noon on the Friday before Community Days, July 2, 2021.
19. Hours of Set-up shall be as follows: Friday (7/2/21) Saturday (7/3/121) Sunday (7/4/21) 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
20. Organizations must contact a Stands & Grounds member prior to setting up a stand.
21. There will be a $20.00 electrical connection fee for each stand which must be paid prior to setting up stand.
22. Power may not be available until 4:00 PM on the Saturday before Community Days, July 3, 2021.
23. Electrical systems within stands must comply with the National Electrical Code and the electricians' requirements.
24. Each Self Run stand must display the name of the sponsoring organization on a large visible sign. Suggested minimum size is 12" x 36".
25. Hours of operation shall be as follows: Monday (7/5/21) 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM Tuesday (7/6/21) 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM Wednesday (7/7/21) 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM Thursday (7/9/21) 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM Friday (7/9/21) 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM Saturday (7/10/121) 5:30 PM to 11:00 PM
26. All stands must remain on the grounds overnight for the duration of Community Days.
27. All vehicles must be off the midway 15 minutes prior to opening time.
28. No one will be allowed to drive behind the stands to unload supplies or park their vehicles without prior approval from a member of Stands and Grounds.
29. All stands are required to take large cardboard cartons directly to the dumpsters or place them at the curb each night after closing. Do not place them in the trash barrels.
30. There is to be no dumping of cooking grease or oils on the ground. It is to be collected in its original container or covered plastic bucket and placed in the dumpster for disposal by the trash collector.
31. There is to be no dumping of gray water on the grounds. Any stand that generates gray water, (including but not limited to water used for cleaning food equipment, water used to wash and prepare food, etc.) is required to collect and dispose of it in the dump stations proved by the Greater Governor Mifflin League.
32. Power will be disconnected at 5:00 AM on the Sunday after Community Days, July 11, 2021.
33. All stands and supplies must be removed from the grounds by 12:00 PM Monday July 12, 2021 after the conclusion of Community Days.
34. All connections made to the water supply must be with hose approved for drinking water.
35. Overnight parking of recreational vehicles is not permitted.
36. Any questions or problems should be directed to the Stands & Grounds Committee for resolution. I
37. There will be no rain date. This includes fireworks.
38. No organization and / or vendor will be permitted to operate another concession stand outside of Community Days and within a two mile radius of the "Greater Governor Mifflin Community Days", during the operating hours of Community Days. Failure to comply will result in the immediate closing of their stand at Community Days and the organization and / or vendor will forfeit any further participation in Community Days.
39. Any stand violating any of these operational rules and regulations, conducting its operation other than the way it was approved or not upholding the philosophy of the Greater Governor Mifflin League will be notified to close, leave the grounds and will not be invited to participate the following year.
40. The Greater Governor Mifflin League Board reserves the right to interpret, amend or add to these Operational Rules and Regulations.